Monday, November 9, 2015

More Story

A few years ago, I started following boards on Pinterest.  Of course, my favorite boards involve card making.  So much inspiration out there that I starting pinning and pinning and pinning.  Sometimes it was the color combination I fell in love with, or the layout, or the embellishments, or the ribbons, or subject matter, or the paper combinations.  Even now I can go online and pin a dozen or more in a few minutes. I love the artistry and cleverness.  I was able to produce some of my own (hooray).  Time was my biggest obstacle.

The countdown to retirement for me started about three years out and it seemed an awfully long time away.  I would think about how much more time I would have (and a little less stress), and what I wanted to do with that free time.  I love making cards and sharing how I made them and what inspired me.  Blogging was the natural answer as to what vehicle would best serve my goals.  I have been thinking about being in this very place at this very time for quite awhile. 

Having made the decision to create a blog, make cards based on inspiration from around the web and specifically on Pinterest, and share those cards, I began to think about format.  Do you remember a movie called Julie and Julia?  Well, that is what I want to do only instead of recipes, I want to make cards.  I have decided to use the 1,859 (as of today) card pins as inspiration and try to produce my version of each and every one of them. Of course, the original artist will be given the credit.  Even a one card per day,  it will take me over six (can that be correct?) years to do each one.

Since I am still pinning, I will create a couple of more boards for the cards.  One for my creations and a different one for new pins so I don't get confused and will still have a somewhat manageable (hah) goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment